Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Praying for South Sudan




It’s really almost here!! I can’t believe that in only one week from today I will be somewhere over the Atlantic headed to South Sudan. After months of training, planning, and preparation, the time is almost come for me to meet Africa for the first time and find my heart changed forever.

It seems like only last week when the Lord continued to press this trip and these people on my heart. I remember asking myself last fall as I walked into a chapel service at SEBTS one morning if I would ever walk in and not see the trip info to South Sudan flash across the screen and immediately feel conviction.  I needed to be on that plane when it left. After much prayer and realizing that conviction wasn’t going anywhere, knew not only would I be on that plane bound for Kajo Keji, but that my God would provide every need and somehow give me the resources to travel to South Sudan to share the only Story worth telling. Did He ever. He has provided every financial need in big ways and in times where no other explanation existed. Praise be to our Great King who provides for all needs even before we begin asking.

I am beyond excited to see how God uses our team in Kajo Keji to strengthen and encourage believers as well as reach the lost. Many of you have asked specifically how to pray for our team as we are working in South Sudan, so I thought I’d give you a few specific ways.

1. Pray for the hearts of the people we will engage with the gospel that their eyes may be opened to the Truth and they would come to know lasting and eternal joy with the Father

2. Pray for the transparency of our team, that others may clearly see the gospel in our lives and that we may articulate the Story well despite cultural and language barriers

3. Pray for clarity of mind and heart, that our lives be focused on Christ and not be distracted by lesser things that pull us away from honoring God through worshipful obedience to the Great Commission


“Behold, now is the favorable time; behold, now is the day of salvation. We put no obstacle in anyone’s way, so that no fault may be found with our ministry, but as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way” 2 Cor 6:2b-4a

I cannot thank you enough for your prayers and sweet encouragement in the days ahead. Our team covets your prayers and interceding for us before the God of the nations. Now is the favorable time. Now is the day of salvation! May our great and glorious Savior receive all honor and praise as the nations cry out in worship to Him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment